Show your room. Get compensated. Inspire a #FutureGryphon!
We are looking for enthusiastic residence students to show off their room to prospective future Gryphons and their families. If you have a passion for U of G, love living in residence, and want to be an ambassador of something bigger, we need YOU!
Why should you apply to this program?
Small Commitment, BIG results!
You are expected to commit 2-3 hours per week to the program, but it couldn't be easier! You stay in your room doing what you would normally be doing, and a campus tour group will come to you!
Inspire Future Gryphons!
Your willingness to show your room and present the wonderful aspects of being a Gryphon may inspire someone to choose the University of Guelph and live in residence.
Build your Resume!
Residence Ambassadors are a key part of the University Admissions team, and may lead to other paid opportunities in second year and beyond, such as Campus Tour Guide positions.
Meeting Future Gryphons is a rewarding experience. Don’t miss this opportunity to inspire!
- Time commitment is approximately 2- 3 hours per week, based on YOUR availability which is indicated when you apply.
- You stay in your room doing what you would normally be doing, and the tour comes to you.
- An honourarium of $150 will be provided at the end of semester upon successful completion.
- There are no Thanksgiving, Reading Week or Easter weekend tours.
- Tours end on the last day of classes (no tours during final exams).
- Ambassadors must attend a 1-hour virtual training session on Thursday, September 22 at 2:30 PM. We will work with you if you have class at this time.
The Fall 2022 Residence Ambassador Program applications have closed.
Looking for other opportunities to get involved? Apply to be a University of Guelph Ambassador (UoGA)!
For more information, contact:
Manager, Admissions and Marketing