Where campus comes to life
Congratulations on receiving your Offer of Admission to the University of Guelph!
Residence living at the University of Guelph is an integral part of University life. You aren’t just coming to Guelph – you are coming to the University of Guelph! Living in residence will maximize your opportunities for growth, development and enjoyment of your University experience.
We at Student Housing Services love providing residential environments and services that promote student success. Residence living is your foundational support for changing lives and improving life during your time at the University of Guelph. Our residence buildings circle the campus like a wheel – you live minutes from everywhere you need to be.
We are very proud of being named one of Canada's top comprehensive universities and thrilled that you are joining our community. We believe that living on campus is a great way to start your first year at Guelph! Over 80% of all new incoming students choose to live on campus in their first year. We offer a wide variety of living accommodation styles – from traditional residences with shared common areas, to suites and townhouses. Residence life support staff, 24 hour desks, events and programs, and connecting with other new students are only a handful of reasons why residence living is a great way to start your new life as a Gryphon!
Fall 2021 - The Residence "Guarantee"
Our goal is to welcome as many students as possible to our campus residences in the fall. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot extend a Residence Guarantee to all new first year students at this time. We have made changes to our Residence Contract to reflect the dynamic nature of the current public health situation; please read it carefully before submitting your Residence Application and deposit.
We will update our web pages and communicate with you as soon as we receive new information about our residence capacity for the fall.
Please be assured that our priority continues to be your health and safety, and we remain committed to providing a safe, fun and supportive campus residence experience.
All students and all student Residence Contracts are subject to the University’s COVID protocols which may be amended from time to time and on short notice. Failure by a student to abide by any COVID protocol could be grounds for student discipline or immediate termination of a student residence contract or both.
Let's get started...
You’ve been accepted! You know you want to live in residence. Now what?
- Submit your Residence Application by June 1 on the Housing Portal
- Pay your $750 Residence Deposit to complete your application by June 1.
- That's it! Once we have more information about our residence capacity for Fall 2021, we will contact you by email.
How to Apply
Before you fill out your Residence Application, your first question might be “Which is the BEST residence?” We’d like to suggest a better question: “Which is the best residence for ME?”
The answer to that depends on what you’re looking for in your residence experience.
- Would you like to be with other students from your field of study, or does meeting people from other colleges interest you?
- Does a traditional residence with rooms along a hallway appeal more than a shared apartment-style residence?
- Is there a particular part of campus you’d like to be close to for access to specific services (ie. Athletic Centre)?
Keep in mind that all the residences offer events throughout the school year – some just for fun, and some with learning in mind.
Look at our Residence Tours to learn about what each residence community has to offer!
FALL 2021 -- Please fill out your Residence Application with your building location preferences in the event that we are able to open all of our residence communities, including Living-Learning communities and Study Intensive preferences.
Ready to apply?
Here’s what you need to have on hand before you start:
- An offer of admission to the University of Guelph
- Your Central Login from the University of Guelph (you will receive this in your Registration Package after you accept your Offer of Admission)
- Note: If you do not have your Central Login, you can also login to the Housing Portal using your last name, date of birth and University of Guelph student ID number (7-digit number starting with 11... or 12...)