Graduate Student Housing

Photo of 78 College building

Living on campus is a highly desired option for our graduate students for convenience and affordability.


Housing options for graduate students are:

University Houses -- Five single detached houses on the northern edge of the main campus.  Each house consists of single bedroom accommodation with shared living room, kitchen, dining area and washroom.  

West Residence  --  Located at 78 College Avenue behind OVC, West Residence is a 3-bedroom townhouse, offering single bedroom accommodation with shared living room, kitchen, dining area and washroom.  

These locations are part of our two-semester Residence Contract and accommodation in subsequent years is not guaranteed.  Our University Houses and West Residence rooms are fully furnished with a standard twin bed, dresser/wardrobe and desk, as well as living room and dining room furniture and appliances (fridge and stove).  Residents are responsible to bring their own cooking supplies, linens and bedding, and personal items.  



The Residence Application remains OPEN and graduate student applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants who apply after the June 1 deadline will be considered late applicants.  We will continue to make offers of residence until all spaces are allocated.  After we have reached full capacity, you will be added to a waitling in order of the date your application and deposit were completed.   Applicants who cancel an offer of residence while still on the waiting list are eligible for a full refund of the residence deposit.

You can also explore off-campus living options and can access additional support and resources through the Off-Campus Living Office.


How do I apply?

The Returning Student Residence Application for Fall 2023 - Winter 2024 is available through your Housing Portal beginning on February 1.

Once you complete the Residence Application, you will also need to submit a $750 residence deposit. Once we have received the residence deposit, your application is deemed complete. For instructions on how to pay the residence deposit, see our website.

All upper year applications received by June 1 will be entered into a residence lottery for upper year students.  

Upper year students with medical accommodation needs may be considered for a space in residence based on specific circumstances.  For more information, please visit Accommodation Requests or contact our office at regarding eligibility.


Read the Residence Contract before you complete your Residence Application and submit your $750 residence deposit to Residence Admissions by June 1.


Family Housing

If you are seeking longer-term accommodation, you are eligible to apply for our Family Housing community, which operates under a Tenancy Agreement.  Single students, couples or students with dependent children or family members, are eligibile to apply.  We have two Family Housing communities offering unfurnished one-bedroom apartments and two-bedroom townhouses.


Our Family Housing apartments and townhouses are unfurnished.  Entry points are available throughout the year, based on availability.   Only students registered in a full-time academic program are eligible to apply.

Wellington Woods Exterior