Opened during the Fall of 2001, the Village is Guelph's newest residence community, consisting of 164 four, five and six bedroom self-contained townhouses. The Village townhouses provide a private living environment with all the conveniences of living on-campus.
Map of East Village
Unit types and floor plans can be downloaded here.
- Modern four, five, and six person townhouses accommodating 645 students
- Several townhouses are designed to be fully accessible for people using a wheelchair
- Each townhouse is multi-level and has a living room, kitchen, storage room and bathrooms
- Kitchens are equipped with full size stoves and refrigerators, as well as cupboard space
- Townhouses are heated by gas and students can regulate their own heat and cooling
- The layout of the townhouses allow for lots of interaction between students, yet they still have an independent area
- Co-ed accommodation
- All bedrooms are singles
- The Village features a community centre Town Hall where students collect their mail, do their laundry and have access to lounge spaces and a games room
- If a resident of the Village, you can access the Townhall with your student card; if you want to use the larger space on the second level for group activities, you need to contact Student Housing Services to sign out a key
- Laundry facilities include washers and dryers
- Study room with individual study carrels is located in East Residence, which is close to the Village
- All rooms are wired into the University of Guelph high speed network
- Small variety store is located in East Residence
- Garbage pick-up twice weekly
- ResNet WiFi in all bedrooms
- East Village units are key-controlled by residents; residents are provided with key card access to their building, and physical keys to their room and mailbox
Note: The images below represent a TYPICAL townhouse layout. Not all units are identical.
If you would like to see floor plans of all of the townhouse styles, link to all unit types and floor plans here.
This is a FOUR BEDROOM EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE -- FIRST FLOOR
This is an EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE -- SECOND FLOOR
This is an EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE -- THIRD FLOOR
This is an EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE SINGLE BEDROOM