East Residence consists of three connected halls - Glengarry, Lanark and Dundas - which are home to 610 residents. East offers suite style accommodation - groups of 6, 8, 10, or 12 students live in single and double rooms within a self-contained, apartment-style suite. East residence is also home to several Living Learning Centres: Eco House, La Maison Francaise, English Learning House, Leadership House and International House.
- Composed of three buildings linked together: Lanark, Dundas, and Glengarry Halls, accommodating 610 students in total
- Lanark and Dundas are four storey buildings, Glengarry is a 12 storey high-rise tower
- Accommodation is suite-style with suites being made up of 6, 8, 10 or 12 persons
- The East Residences are co-ed
- Rooms are designed to accommodate one or two students
- One suite in Lanark is designed for wheelchair accessibility
- Each suite has a lounge, kitchen, and bathroom. Students are assigned to bedrooms located around these central areas
- Kitchens are equipped with full size stoves, refrigerators and plenty of counter and cupboard space
- The layout of the suites allow for plenty of interaction between students
- Residence bedrooms are equipped with single beds [mattress size Standard Twin - 75"x36"], desks, closets, book shelves and desk lamps
- Students are encouraged to personalize their own space by bringing posters, plants, photos, personal items and an energy efficient 'bar' sized fridge, though students can rent or purchase a fridge from Coldex
- One large building lounge (Fireplace Lounge) allows for large scale activities to take place. This lounge is available on a drop in basis or may be reserved for a special function.
- Main floor builidng lounge features a TV, pool table, ping pong table and a kitchen
- The East TV lounge is located on the first floor
- Laundry facilities (located near Glengarry and Lanark on the main floor) include washers and dryers
- A music practice room with a piano is available to sign-out
- A study room with individual study carrels is located on the main floor of the residence
- Glengarry is serviced by two elevators
- For security, East is locked 24 hours per day. Residents are provided with key card access to their building, and physical keys to their room and mailbox
- All suites, bedrooms and common areas can access ResNet WiFi , the University of Guelph high speed wifi network
- The "Eastside Variety", a small convenience store, is located in East Residence
Take a closer look...
East Residence - Double Room Tour
East Residence - Single Room Tour
360 Degree Room Tours
East Residence Double Room Tour # 1
East Residence Double Room Tour # 2
East Residence Single Room
More 360 Tours
East Residence - Double Room *
Fully-furnished living room, dining area, storage, waste-sorting nook, stove, fridge and plenty of cupboard and cooking space.
East Residence - Single Room *
Two single bedrooms, each with bed, nightstand, wardrobe, desk, lamp and chair. Shared washroom, with separate shower room.
* Important Note: The floor plan images above represent a TYPICAL room layout in East Residence. Glengarry, Dundas and Lanark suites are all similar, however, not all unit layouts and bedrooms are identical.