Interested in applying for Family Housing at the University of Guelph?
Prior to completing your Family Housing Application, here are a few things to consider:
- Due to high demand there is currently a long waiting list for applicants. Those on the wait list are not guaranteed housing. To explore other housing options in Guelph, please visit the Off Campus Housing website
- to apply for a Family Housing apartment or townhouse, you must be a full-time registered student (or have accepted an offer of admission) at the University of Guelph
- it is essential that you remain affiliated with the University for the duration of your tenancy (summer semester off excluded)
Your Start Date:
- Vacancies occur throughout the year, so you can apply for a start date at any time during the year
- January, May and September are the most popular start dates and typically, demand exceeds supply
- You can apply for a lease start date one month prior to your semester start date (for example, you can start a tenancy August 1 for the fall semester)
- You will be asked to tell us your preference for a unit type and location on your application. More details can be found at Wellington Woods or 78 College Avenue
- We do not know where our vacancies will be located in advance, as our residents give us 60 days notice when they are leaving Family Housing
- If you receive an offer, you will be asked to submit your first months rent as a deposit. Do not send payment unless an offer is made.
- We do not ask for payment of last month's rent or other deposits.