Need maintenance in your Family Housing unit? You can submit a work order request online directly through our Housing Portal.
If your maintenance issue is an AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY, please call Campus Community Police at 519-824-4120 ext. 52245
How to Submit a Maintenance Request
- Only the leaseholder, or authorized occupants, have the ability to submit a work order through the Housing Portal
- Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email and will be assigned a work order number that you can track by logging back in to the Housing Portal
- For a brief tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how to navigate the Housing Portal maintenance request system, watch the video below.
How to Add an Occupant to your Family Housing profile
Only the authorized leaseholder can submit a maintenance request, unless another household occupant is authorized to do so. The leaseholder can add an Occupant by following these steps:
- Log in to the Housing Portal
- Select the Family Housing Application in the top menu
- Add Occupants -- enter the name, date of birth, relationship to the tenant and email address
- Once added, the Occupant will receive an email with further instructions to update their credentials on the Housing Portal to gain access to limited functions, such as submitting a maintenance request.
University of Guelph Asbestos Management Program
The University maintains an Asbestos Management Program in accordance with Ontario Regulation 278/02 – Designated Substance – Asbestos on Construction Projects and in Buildings and Repair Operations. Some University Residence buildings do contain or are presumed to contain asbestos. An up-to-date summary of asbestos containing materials in University Residence buildings can be found at Campus Buildings with Asbestors website. The University maintains all asbestos containing materials in a safe condition during normal building operations. In the event of any maintenance, repair or renovation work, the University adheres to procedures in compliance with applicable regulations and legislation.