Residence Deposit

Your Residence Application is not complete until you pay your $750 Residence Deposit.

We accept the following methods of payment: (click the link for detailed instructions)

We do NOT accept the following methods of payment:

  • Personal Cheques (or other non-certified cheques)
  • Pay Pal or E-mail Money Transfers
  • Credit Cards

NOTE: This applies only to the Residence Deposit. All other account payments (such as any costs for early arrival, etc.) are paid through your general student account through Student Financial Services.

Residence Deposit Confirmation 

Once we have processed your deposit on our end, you will receive an email confirmation to your GryphMail email account.

If you used online or telephone bank to send in the deposit, it takes three or more days to update the information. But don’t worry – we honour the date that you submitted the deposit through your bank.

Cancellation Policies & Penalties

Need to cancel your Residence Application?  Send us your cancellation in writing - email is fine -- to  There are administrative fees involved, so be aware.  You can find full Cancellation and Deposit Forfeiture policies in Section 19 of the Residence Contract.

Cancel before July 15 - forfeit $250

After July 15 - no deposit refund, forfeit $750

Residence Deposit Appeal

Did you cancel your plans to live in residence, but there are extenuating circumstances?  If you don’t think the deposit forfeiture penalty should apply in your situation, and you want to appeal, send an email – with your supporting documents – to the Deposit Appeals Committee of Student Housing Services at

First Year Student Residence Bursary:

Need a little help? If you can show that you are in financial need, you can apply for one of five $500.00 bursaries. First-year students in any program are eligible, and you’ll need to stay in residence for your first year of studies.  You can apply by completing the on-line Financial Need Assessment Form for Entrance Awards by April 15.

For more information check out the First Year Student Residence Bursary page on the Student Financial Services website.