Welcome to our East Village community! The Village consists of 164 units -- the majority of them featuring four single bedrooms, with a limited number of five or six bedroom units available. The Village townhouses provide a private living environment with all the conveniences of being on-campus, and is open to both first year and upper year students. East Village is laid out around our East Residences (Map of East Village) close to the Gryphon Athletic Centre, the Arboretum, and has a central Town Hall and East Service Desk.
Community and Unit Features
- Modern four, five, and six person townhouses accommodating 645 students
- Central air conditioning and central vacuum in all units
- Several townhouses are designed to be fully accessible for people using a wheelchair
- Each townhouse is multi-level and has a living room, kitchen, storage room and 2 bathrooms
- Kitchens are equipped with full size stoves and refrigerators, as well as plenty of cupboard space
- Townhouses are heated by gas and students can regulate their own heat and cooling
- The layout of the townhouses allow for lots of interaction between students, yet they still have an independent area
- Co-ed accommodation
- All bedrooms are singles
- The Village features a community centre Town Hall where students collect their mail, do their laundry and have access to lounge spaces and a games room
- If a resident of the Village, you can access the Townhall with your student card; if you want to use the larger space on the second level for group activities, you need to contact Student Housing Services to sign out a key
- Laundry facilities at the Town Hall include washers and dryers (included in residence fees)
- Study room with individual study carrels is located in East Residence, which is close to the Village
- All units have ResNet WiFi, the University of Guelph high speed wifi network
- Small "Eastsides" variety store is located in East Residence
- Garbage pick-up twice weekly
- East Village units are key-controlled by residents; residents are provided with key card access to their building, and physical keys to their room and mailbox
Take a closer look...
East Village Unit Tour
* Important Note: The floor plan images above represent a TYPICAL four-bedroom townhouse layout. Not all unit layouts and bedrooms are identical. If you would like to see floor plans of all of the townhouse styles, link to all unit types and floor plans here.