Welcome to Johnston Hall!
Johnston Hall's stone tower is one of the University of Guelph's best-known landmarks. A traditional style co-ed residence, Johnston is home to 315 students who live primarily in double and triple rooms.
- Four storey stone building accommodating 300+ students
- Shared with several academic offices located on the main floor of the residence
- Rooms run off both sides of the main corridor
- All rooms are designed to accommodate one, two or three students
- Co-ed accommodation with male and female designated rooms side by side
- The building is divided into sections designated by floor number and North or South (eg. 4North)
- Separate male and female washrooms located on each floor and section
- Each section includes a small kitchenette/lounge with a microwave
- One large building lounge (Tower Lounge) allows for group activities to take place and it is available on a drop-in basis or may be reserved for a special function; it features a TV, pool table, a separate kitchen and vending machines
- Laundry facilities in the basement and in 2North include washers and dryers
- Music practice room with piano available for sign-out, located in 4North
- Study room with individual study carrels located in 2North
- If required, you can sign out an elevator key from the residence service desk (Lennox Addington Hall)
- ResNet is available through WiFi in each room and in common areas
- Television lounges are located in 2North and 4North
- Limited space is available for hockey equipment storage
- Note there is no elevator access for students
- Johnston is locked on a 24 hour per day basis, residents are provided with keys to the building, their room and mailbox
NORTH RESIDENCES - Johnston/Mills Single Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Johnston/Watson/Arts House Double Room
360 Degree Room Tours
* Important Note: The floor plan images above represent a TYPICAL room layout in Johnston Hall. Not all layouts and bedrooms are identical.