Introducing the Gryphon’s Choice Residence Contest!
This new engagement initiative of Student Housing Services has two objectives:
- to increase student awareness on our virtual platforms and
- offer an opportunity for one lucky student to receive their top choice of residence.
The contest will open Monday, May 24 at 10 AM. Future Gryphons must enter through the Student Housing Instagram using their personal account. All other social media platforms will direct students to Instagram to enter.
Your entry will then put you in the contest to be awarded:
- Your FIRST CHOICE of residence and room type (single or double) for the 2021-2022 academic year!!!
- The contest is open to students entering their first year at the University of Guelph in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- The winner must have submitted their residence application and deposit by June 1st at 11:59 PM deadline.
- All entries must be made via Instagram. No other social media platforms will accept entries.
- Choice of preferred roommate or a specific room is not guaranteed. However, in the case of double occupancy, your preferred roommate may be assigned based on their lottery number.
How to Enter:
1. Ensure you are following BOTH @uofghousing and @uofgadmissions on Instagram
2. Tag a fellow #futureGryphon in the comments. 1 comment/tag = 1 entry
3. For an additional entry, share the post to your story (if your account is private, send us a screenshot).
The contest closes at noon on Monday, May 31st. The winner will be confirmed and announced on June 1st at noon at the latest (along with a reminder to submit your residence application). Winners will be instructed to email email@example.com to claim their prize and arrange details.