Do you have a friend(s) coming to Guelph and want to live together?
If you met the Residence Application and Deposit deadline, you will be invited to add a roommate or suitemate(s) preference to your application in the Housing Portal.
Start Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 12 noon
End Date: Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 12 midnight
How to Add a Roommate/Suitemate Preference
The instructions below can be used to add a roommate/suitemate for:
- a multi-occupancy room (double, triple, quad in any residence)
- a suite-style (East Residences and Lambton Hall)
- an East Village townhouses.
Although we do our very best to match all requests, we are not able to guarantee in advance that you will be placed together. Your chances of being assigned together will depend on your room location and your lottery priority.
The most important first step is to ask for each other on your application, so let's get started...
- Log in to the Housing Portal
- Select Residence Application in the top menu bar
- You will see a new process called “Add Roommate/Suitemate” in the Application pathway
- Enter the @uoguelph.ca email address search the last name of your preferred roommate/suitemate (or follow directions if you don’t have their email)
- Note: Only applicants with an on-time application and deposit will be available for you to add as a preference. If your preferred roommate did not submit the application/deposit by the deadline, you cannot add them to your application.
- After you have added their name, they will receive a request to accept your invitation
- Note: only one roommate/suitemate needs to add the other person. Once the invitation is accepted, the match is complete.
- Please ensure that your preferrend residence locations and room type are aligned with your roommate/suitemate(s).
The “Add Roommate/Suitemate” process will remain active until 11:59 pm on June 19th.
During this time, you will also be able to modify your residence preferences on your application. After June 19th, you will not be able to modify your roommate OR assignment preferences and we will begin the room assignment process.