Do you have a friend(s) coming to Guelph and want to live together?
If you met the Residence Application and Deposit deadline, you will be invited to add a roommate or suitemate(s) preference to your application in the Housing Portal. Applicants with an offer of residence will be invited to complete this process after the residence priority deadline.
How to Add a Roommate/Suitemate Preference
The instructions below can be used to add a roommate/suitemate for:
- A multi-occupancy room (double, triple, quad in any residence)
- A suite-style residence (East Residences and Lambton Hall)
- An East Village townhouse
Although we do our very best to match all requests, we are not able to guarantee in advance that you will be placed together. Your chances of being assigned together will depend on your room location and your lottery priority.
The most important first step is to ask for each other on your application, so let's get started...
- Log in to the Housing Portal
- Select Residence Application in the top menu bar
- You will see a new process called “Add Roommate/Suitemate” in the Application pathway
- Enter the @uoguelph.ca email address and search for the last name of your preferred roommate/suitemate (or follow directions if you don’t have their email)
- Note: Only applicants with an on-time application and deposit will be available for you to add as a preference. If your preferred roommate did not submit the application/deposit by the deadline, you cannot add them to your application.
- After you have added their name, they will receive a request to accept your invitation
- Note: only one roommate/suitemate needs to add the other person. Once the invitation is accepted, the match is complete.
- Please ensure that your preferred residence locations and room type are aligned with your roommate/suitemate(s).
During the roommate request period, you will also be able to modify your residence preferences on your application. After the window closes, you will not be able to modify your roommate OR assignment preferences as we will begin the room assignment process.