Fees are established in the spring of each year through the Board of Governors for the following academic year cycle.
The fees listed below are inclusive of the $750 residence deposit, which is applied to the Winter semester fees. For example, if the Winter semester fee is $4000, you would pay $3250 in the winter semester, provided that the $750 deposit was paid in full.
Income Tax Receipts
All University of Guelph residences are designated residences for property tax and rent purposes, meaning that residence fees cannot be claimed as rent payments on income tax returns. The only claim that is allowed is $25 for the year (with no receipt necessary). For this reason, the University does not issue tax receipts for residence fees.
1. RESIDENCE RATES and OTHER CHARGES
|Room Type||Campus Area||Deposit||Fall Semester||Winter Semester||Total Residence Fee *|
(applied to winter semester fees)
(amount owing after $750 deposit applied to fees)
|Single Room||North and South||$750||$4,486||$3,736||$8,972|
|Small Single Room||South||$750||$3,845||$3,095||$7,690|
|Single Room||Johnston Hall||$750||$4,552||$3,802||$9,104|
Lambton Suite (2 or 3 bdrm
|Single Room||East Village 4-6 bdrm Townhouse||$750||$4,996||$4,246||$9,992|
|Double Room||North and South||$750||$3,845||$3,095||$7,690|
|Double Room||Johnston Hall||$750||$3,896||$3,146||$7,792|
|Double Room||East Residence||$750||$4,163||$3,413||$8,326|
|Triple Room||North and South||$750||$3,570||$2,820||$7,140|
|Quad Room||North and South||$750||$3,423||$2,673||$6,846|
2. Other Rates:
1. Temporary Expanded Space: In order to accommodate all residence applicants, it may be necessary to assign applicants to a Temporary Expanded Space placement. If this occurs, residents will pay an Expanded Space rate of $3,060 per semester. Expanded Space residents will be expected to relocate during the semester. Fees will be adjusted on a pro-rated basis.
2. Extended Term: Residents who are granted permission for Early Arrival or Late Check-out Extension outside of the Contract term will be charged $35 per night, if approved for an extended term.
3. Other charges: Additional charges may be applied to the student account for damages, repairs, lost keys, improper check-out, or fines related to violations of the Residence Community Living Standards.
3. Fall/Winter Contract - Additional Fees and Charges
In addition to the above-noted Fees, the following additional charges will apply:
1. Interhall Council (IHC) Activity Fee: $27.26 per semester. This fee is collected on behalf of the residence student government to support hall council activities.
2. Mandatory Insurance Fee: One-time $86.40 fee for a Fall/Winter contract of $45.90 Winter only semester charge for all single student residences.
4. Summer Contract Fees - SUMMER 2023
|Room Type||Campus Area||Total Fee|
|Singe||University Houses (limited)||$2,200|
|Single||West Residence 3 bdrm Townhouse||$2,200|
|Single||East Village Townhouses||$2,200|
Meal plans are required in all residences with the exception of East Residence, the East Village Townhouses, Family Housing and Graduate Housing. More details and the associated fees can be found on the Hospitality Services website.
Family Housing Unit Fees
For rental rates for Family Housing units at Wellington Woods (252 Stone Road West) and 78 College Avenue West please visit our Family Housing site.