IN-SEMESTER ROOM TRANSFER REQUEST
Once you have moved in to your residence community, we wait a full week after classes begin for our residence communities to engage. In many cases, we find that the overwhelming experience of moving to campus, Orientation Week, establishing networks and starting into the routine of attending your classes has settled down by the end of the second week and the urgency for a room or building transfer is no longer an issue. However, you may still feel that your current location is not working for you. On MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2019, you will be able to submit a Room Transfer Request Form. Forms completed prior to this date will not be processed.
Transfer Requests can only be granted when and where vacancies exist within our residences. In emergency situations, transfer requests will be considered prior to September 16 - please contact your Residence Assistant or Residence Manager in situations that require direct intervention.
Here’s what to do:
- Fill out the Room Transfer Request Form
- If you are requesting a transfer due to a roommate or community conflict, you must first contact your Residence Assistant or Residence Manager (for in-semester transfers after you have moved in only).
- If there are medical circumstances, please let us know and provide supporting documentation (required). Medical needs are prioritized according to individual circumstances.
Room Transfer Tips
- Changes can take place ONLY after they have been approved by Student Housing. Please don’t attempt to organize your own transfers with friends or other students.
- There may be additional charges or credits when you transfer, depending on your new room type and location. For example, if you are in double room and ask to be transferred to a single room, you will be charged the new rate pro-rated based on the date you check-in to your new room assignment. These will be posted to your account. Contact Student Financial Services if you have any questions.
Priority for a Room Transfer
Student Housing Services staff will determine priorities when vacancies for transfers become available.
If you have a documented medical need, please be sure to explain this and include documentation when you complete the application. If you have not already done so, complete the Accommodation Request Form.
LINK TO ROOM TRANSFER REQUEST FORM
PRE-MOVE-IN ROOM TRANSFER REQUEST
We understand that there are situations where you may not be happy with your placement or thriving in your current community. Please understand that if you didn't get one of your preferences (building or room type) there is likely a good reason. Although we do our very best to accommodate your residence assignment preferences, it is not always possible to offer you exactly what you requested. Priority for assignment preferences is determined by random lottery, and your assignment will be dependent on your lottery number, what you asked for, how many others asked for the same thing, and the limited availability of some room types. If you would like more detailed information about how we perform room assignments, visit our Room Assignments page.
If you did not receive ANY of your assignment preferences, we ask that you be patient and move in to your assigned space. Every year, we have vacancies that result from "no shows" which gives us some flexibility in mid-September to accommodate transfer requests.
There are exceptions:
1. If there are medical circumstances, please let us know and provide supporting documentation (required). There is no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your needs after room assignments are released. Medical needs are prioritized according to individual circumstances and our availability of space.
2. If there are financial circumstances, we can try to find you a lower cost space in residence. For example, if you were assigned a single room and you need a multi-occupancy room for financial reasons, please fill out a Room Transfer form to request a transfer. Again, there is no guarantee we can accommodate your request once room assignments are released. We can only accommodate when vacancies occur.
If either of the above situations applies to you, fill out the Room Transfer Request Form.