Where campus comes to life
Residence living at the University of Guelph is an integral part of University life. You aren’t just coming to Guelph – you are coming to the University of Guelph! Living in residence will maximize your opportunities for growth, development and enjoyment of your University experience.
Student Housing Services is committed to providing residential environments and services that promote student success. Residence living is your foundational support for changing lives and improving life during your time at the University of Guelph. Our residence buildings circle the campus like a wheel - you live minutes from everywhere you need to be.
Congratulations on receiving your Offer of Admission to the University of Guelph!
We are very proud of being named one of Canada's top comprehensive universities and thrilled that you are coming to join our community. We believe that living on campus is a great way to start your first year at Guelph! Over 80% of all new incoming students choose to live on campus in their first year. We offer a wide variety of living accommodation styles -- from multi-occupancy traditional residence rooms to townhouses. Residence life support staff, 24 hour desks, events, programming and plenty of opportunity to connect with other new students are just some of the reasons that residence living is a great way to start your new life as a Gryphon.
Let's get started....
You’ve been accepted. You know you want to live in residence. Now what?
All new Semester One students are GUARANTEED a place in residence, but you still have to do your part. In order to accept the offer of guaranteed accommodation, you must complete an ONLINE RESIDENCE APPLICATION AND submit your $750 DEPOSIT by the deadline of JUNE 1, 2018.
NOTE: We are currently accepting applications for the RESIDENCE WAITING LIST. The waiting list is updated weekly as we make new offers.
Your first question might be “Which is the BEST residence?” We’d like to suggest a better question: “Which is the best residence for ME?”
The answer to that depends on what you’re looking for in your residence experience.
- Would you like to be with other students from your field of study, or does meeting people from other colleges interest you?
- Does a traditional residence with rooms along a hallway appeal more than a shared apartment-style residence?
- Is there a particular part of campus you’d like to be close to because you know you’ll have labs or classes there?
Keep in mind that all the residences offer events throughout the school year – some just for fun, and some with learning in mind.
Here’s what you need to have on hand before you start:
- An offer of admission to the University of Guelph
- Your central login and password *
* If you do not have your central login and password yet, there is an option to log in using your date of birth, last name and University of Guelph ID # (starts with 09 or 10...)
Are you ready?
Now, you're ready: