Our available spaces are in University of Guelph’s East Village Townhouses and East Residence Halls (Lanark, Glengarry, and Dundas Halls). Both communities are located on East Ring Road, on the main campus between College Avenue and Stone Road.
The accommodation is shared and guests will be assigned to rooms within their choice of a townhouse unit (occupancy of two) or a suite-style unit (occupancy of 2-3). All townhouses and suites have kitchens, but cooking supplies are limited and can be signed out at our East Residence Desk if needed. Each guest will be assigned their own private washroom. Please note that only the townhouses are air-conditioned. Guests may want to bring their own fan for use during the warmer months. Occupancy is limited in each unit so that physical distancing can be maintained as recommended by current Public Health guidelines.
Who can book:
The availability of the space will be communicated to local hospitals, public health, GPS, GFD, GWEMS and they can pass along to their employees.
How to book:
Individuals or groups wishing to take advantage of our temporary accommodation may do so by calling the East Residence Desk 519-824-4120 ext. 58124. Guests staying in our residences will be required to sign a Temporary Accommodations Agreement.
Our temporary accommodations will open as of Wednesday April 15, 2020 and will remain available until Friday, July 31, 2020. Reservations will be accepted for daily, weekly or monthly use.
Rates are variable based on length of stay and choice of residence location. Please contact the East Residence Service Desk or email@example.com for more information. All bookings are based on shared accommodation within a townhouse or suite. Individuals are provided a private room and assigned a private bathroom.
Payments are due on arrival and can be made by credit or debit. Please note that a key deposit is charged.
- All units are cleaned in advance of bookings but no housekeeping service is provided over the period of occupancy within individual townhouses or suites.
- Common areas within Dundas, Lanark and Glengarry Halls are cleaned regularly by University custodial staff.
- Cleaning supplies for private areas will be made available through the East Residence Service Desk. Townhouses are equipped with central vacs, and vacuums can be signed out from the East Residence Desk.
- Linens (sheets, blanket, pillow) are provided on arrival and may be exchanged weekly at the East Residence Desk. Please note that all beds are twin size.
- Wi-Fi access is included.
- Parking is included.
- Laundry facilities are free and are located in East Residence and the East Village Town Hall.
- Limited cooking equipment may be signed out from the East Residence Desk or occupants can bring their own.
- Both the Townhouses and Suites have kitchens that are available for use by occupants.
- East Side Variety is located on the concourse of East Residence and has selections of groceries, convenience foods, grab and go meals and coffee. Open daily. Link here for operating hours.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Please bring your own towels.
- Residence units are not equipped with televisions or computers. High-speed internet is included but there is no access to cable television service.
- Due to the need to practice physical distancing, occupants of our temporary accommodations will not be permitted to have guests.
- The East Residences are not air-conditioned. Please feel free to bring a fan for your personal comfort.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the East Residence Desk at 519-824-4120. ext. 58124.