Email the appropriate questions, along with your responses, to firstname.lastname@example.org—remember to include your name and student ID number.
1. Why do you want to live in International House and what could you contribute to the House?
2. Living in an LLC is a unique experience. How will you represent and promote International House to the campus community?
3. What events or programs would you like to take part in or help organize for International House? (i.e., culture, diversity, world issues, guest speakers, field trips...use your imagination!)
4. Briefly discuss a current world event that concerns you. What do you think you can do to better this situation?
5. Every year International House hosts an event called "World on a Plate" where the house comes together to showcase food, traditions and information from around the world. What country would you showcase and why? How would you do it?
You are welcome to exercise your creativity and submit your responses in a format or medium other than email if you wish. Hardcopy Arts House submissions should be sent to:
Student Housing Services
1. Why do you want to live in Arts House?
2. Describe your interest and/or involvement in the arts.
3. Living in an LLC is a unique experience. How will you represent and promote Arts House to the campus community?
4. What events or programs would you like to participate in or help organize for Arts House next year? (ie. Theme parties, crafts, creations, field trips ...use your imagination!)
5. Bohemian Nights (BoHo Nights) are a regular occurrence in Arts House. It's an open stage in the fireplace lounge where students perform for each other, showing off skills, hobbies and even quirky talents. What would you perform at a BoHo night?
La Maison Française
Answers in French are preferable, but please feel free to answer in whatever language you will most effectively express yourself. Il est préférable de répondre aux questions en français, mais sentez-vous libre de répondre dans la langue dans laquelle vous pourrez le mieux vous exprimer.
1. Why do you want to live in French House? (Pourquoi voulez-vous vivre à La Maison Française?)
2. What interests you about francophone culture? What sparked this interest? What experiences have you had with francophone culture? How would you like to incorporate those interests and experiences into your residence community? (Que sont vos intérêts au niveau des cultures françaises ou francophone? Qu'est ce qui avait éveillé cet intérêt? Quelles expériences avez-vous eu avec des cultures françaises ou francophones? Comment aimeriez-vous partager cet intérêt et ces expériences avec la communauté?)
3. What kind of events would you like to participate in or help run in La Maison Française? (i.e., Francophone culture, language, food, field trips, use your imagination!) (Quels genres d'activités aimeriez-vous organiser pour la Maison, ou dans quels évènements aimeriez-vous participer à La Maison Française? (par ex : portant sur la culture francophone, la langue, la nourriture, des voyages organises ou imaginez-en d'autres!)
4. Living in an LLC is a unique experience. How will you represent and promote French House to the campus community?
1. Why do you want to live in Eco House?
2. Living in an LLC is a unique experience. How will you represent and promote Eco House to the campus community?
3. What events or programs would you like to participate in or help organize for Eco House in the new year? (i.e., eco initiatives, info sharing, indoor/outdoor, field trips...use your imagination!)
4. If you could make one ecologically positive change on this planet, what would it be and why?
5. "Soup Kitchen" is a regular program in Eco House where soup is served while guest speakers are invited to share information with the house. Often the guest speakers are faculty or community members or even past and current Eco House students. What kind of soup would you make and who/what would the presentation be about?
1. Tell us about your interest in Leadership and how you would define it.
2. Have you volunteered anywhere in the past and if so, tell us about your experience?
3. What types of activities would you want to do in Leadership House?