Opened during the Fall of 2001, the Village is Guelph's newest residence community, consisting of 164 four, five and six bedroom self-contained townhouses. The Village townhouses provide a private living environment with all the conveniences of living on-campus.
- Recently-constructed four, five, and six person townhouses accommodating 645 students
- Several townhouses are designed to be fully accessible for persons in wheelchairs
- Each townhouse is multi-level and has a living room, kitchen, storage room and bathrooms
- Kitchens are equipped with full size stoves and refrigerators, as well as cupboard space
- Townhouses are heated by gas and students can regulate their own heat and cooling
- The layout of the townhouses allow for lots of interaction between students, yet they still have an independent area
- Co-ed accommodation
- All bedrooms are singles
- The Village features a community centre Town Hall where students collect their mail, do their laundry and have access to lounge spaces and a games room.
- A key for the Town Hall can be signed out through Student Housing Services for group activities
- Laundry facilities include card operated washers and dryers; cards are sold at the East Residence desk
- Study room with individual study carrels is located in East Residence, which is close to the Village
- All rooms are wired into the University of Guelph high speed network
- Residents of East Village may subscribe to cable services
- Small variety store is located in East Residence
- Garbage pick-up twice weekly
- ResNet WiFi in all bedrooms
- East Village is locked on a 24 hour per day basis, residents are provided with keys to the building, their townhouses, their rooms and mailboxes
Note: The images below represent a TYPICAL townhouse layout. Not all units are identical.
If you would like to see floor plans of all of the townhouse styles, link to all unit types and floor plans here.
This is a FOUR BEDROOM EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE -- FIRST FLOOR
This is an EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE -- SECOND FLOOR
This is an EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE -- THIRD FLOOR
This is an EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE SINGLE BEDROOM