You did it! You made it to the end of the year!
And now – it’s time to move out.
You are expected to move out of your residence room within 24 hours of completion of your final exam. If you write an exam in the final time slot, you’ll need to move out by noon the next day. All residence buildings will be closed as of noon the day after exams.
Residence Check Out Procedures
- Make sure you have removed everything from your room. If there are items you don’t want to take with you, check with the RA about options for recycling or donation.
- Take your room keys, mailbox key and FOB if applicable (including any spare keys signed out from the Residence Desk and Hockey/Bike storage locks/keys) to the Residence Desk to check out.
- Return any items that you have signed out from the Residence Desk such as vacuums, irons etc.
- Complete your residence check out form.
- Ensure that you and the Desk Attendant have both signed the check-out form.
If you miss returning the keys and completing the form, you will be billed $125.00 for not signing out of residence on the check-out form and/or $75.00 for a lock change if you fail to return your room keys.
A letter will be mailed to you in mid-March with detailed information about checking out of residence after your last exam.