Residence Admissions/Communications Assistant
May – September 2018 Full-time
Application Deadline: Friday, February 23, 2018
The Residence Admissions Office of Student Housing Services is seeking a University of Guelph student for employment, full-time from May through September 2017, with the possibility of part-time flexible employment between September 2018 and April 2019. Applicants must be available to work up to and including Saturday of Labour Day weekend September 1 (move-in day).
The Residence Admissions & Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting the Residence Admissions area in the following areas:
- Participate in activities related to the recruitment, application and assignments for new Semester One students living on campus, such as:
- Spring Academic Open Houses and other campus recruitment activities
- setting up residence tour rooms,
- residence assignments
- Assist with managing communication platforms targeted to incoming students, including but not limited to:
- Review and update of SHS Website to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information and links
- Assist with design and revision of marketing and information materials (ie. move-in guide)
- Act as the primary social media voice (Snapchat,Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) during the summer 2018 recruitment cycle
- Assist with front line customer service to students, parents, SHS staff and other University departments regarding campus accommodation (new first year, returning and transfer students, parents)
This position requires knowledge of the campus residence experience. The position involves frequent contact with students and parents; strong interpersonal skills and public speaking are essential. The successful candidate will be fully computer literate, familiar with a variety of Windows-based computer applications, including MS Office programs. Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and video editing (Adobe Premiere or Window Moviemaker) would be an asset . Demonstrated excellence and creativity in social media platforms (Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat) is expected. The student will have a thorough knowledge of the residences on campus and of the associated services and activities. Preference will be given to applicants living in residence.
Remuneration is in accordance with University and Student Housing guidelines for student staff, based on a 35 hour work week between May to September. Some overtime may be involved, and there is some flexibility for attending a class during the day. The term of employment is expected to begin after exams end in April, up to and including Move-In Day. .
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume should be submitted to the Residence Admissions Office (Maritime Hall) not later than 4:30 FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2018.. Letters and resumes may be submitted in person, or emailed directly to the Manager, Residence Admissions and Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position can be directed to Residence Admissions at extension 58701 or email email@example.com.